View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Default Avoiding stolen scans....protect your photos from right-click-copying.

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

for the purpose of having a library of them. There are TONS of ways to get around any type of javascript like the one at the top. I just went to one of Jen's most recently listed cards and right clicked. It said 'no right click here'. Keeps the unknowing out, but if I just moused over the scan, Internet Explorer gave me the little save to disk icon, I clicked on it and saved the scan. You also have issues with IE versus Firefox and other browsers. I've seen firefox work easier on saving pictures. Then, if all else fails, you can just do print screen, stick the picture into software as simple as powerpoint, crop it down and save it. The only REAL way to 'protect' your photos is to watermark them. Sadly, the thieves have many ways to pick them off. On Mike Wheat's website, he has some javascript that when you right click on an image that popped up, it causes the window to close automatically. But, if you mouse over, you can save the picture. Anyone that knows how to read .html can pretty easily figure out what directory you're saving a picture in and get at it another way too.......