View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 06:49 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Barry, isn't it ironic that with all of her easy, breesy movies featuring her sensational singing, she finally does a leading lady dramatic movie, and beautifully so, where she essentially sings one song---and that one song becomes her signature piece. I did a Wikipedia search, and Doris had done a thriller in 1951, Storm Warning.

Also, I made certain to edit my first post to express that she played Stewart's wife, and not "husband", as I carelessly worded. Oh well. It's all good---now. Good health to you, sir. ---- Brian Powell
Agreed. She sang Que Sera in the Hitchcock movie merely to connect with her son who was kidnapped. She knew if he heard her singing it, he would know she was out looking for him. And it became possibly her most memorable song.

She was extremely versatile, and her comedies with Rock Hudson and James Garner, both who became her closest friends, are wonderful.

Sorry to get off the OP's original post, but Doris Day is one of those fan favorites. And it is great that she is still with us, having outlived all of her famous costars.

Last edited by barrysloate; 02-01-2019 at 06:52 AM.