View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 08:53 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
may not relate to the card (myself included). I suspect most as already has been referenced a few times here can relate to 1- the story and 2- the feeling of finding one of your holy grails!! Awesome job! Congratulations! Can you share any of the story of how you got connected with it? Did you send it in for grading or buy it graded?
It's funny really, I got the initial 33 on here from Jerry G. as he had started this set way back when and then sold it to me on the boards. I then over the past 2 or 3 years, wrote, called 2 of the players personally, attended shows, and scoured the boards, eBay, and anywhere I could really. I have gotten lucky at times but I learned in the military that persistence and luck are sometimes synonymous. This particular card just appeared out of no where on Ebay recently and I negotiated with the seller. No backstory unfortunately on this card but hoping to get one from the seller at some point. Either way, I'm content with it and so happy to have it. I do have a lead on 1 of the other 2 that I need but the current owner is holding it rightfully and hopefully someday will make a deal with me. The NEW "White Whale" is now Carl Braun which is a bit strange because Carl lived until the year 2010!!! That gave him almost 50 years to sign a 1961 Fleer card! I know it exists but someone has to find it, get it slabbed, then post it somewhere!
PSA has reached out to me to do a future SMR magazine article on my journey with this exact set so hopefully that will help me in my quest! Thanks!

Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 07-26-2018 at 08:54 PM.