View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 05:08 PM
Mike P.ap

Default True Hobby Rarity finally surfaces!

I know this is getting moved but HAD to post as I'm so excited!

I can't believe it but I am truly holding this card!

Phil Jordon has only 2 Regular cards that were issued in packs over his short career. 1957 Topps Rookie card and this 1961 Fleer Basketball Card.

SGC, Beckett nor PSA/DNA have NEVER slabbed a Signed Rookie card. I believe 1 exists but it is not slabbed but comes with a PSA/DNA LOA.

SGC, Beckett, nor PSA had NEVER slabbed a 1961 Signed Fleer until now!!!!!!!! You are looking at an incredible rarity. Jordon died in a rafting accident in 1965 at the very young age of 31! He also had a very interesting non active part in Wilt's 100 point game but you need to read about it. I don't want to spoil the fun.

I had just been awarded autograph set of the year for my 1961 Fleer Signed Set and now this beauty resides in it! Appropriate I think!

PSA gives complete set awards if a set is over 95% full on the Registry and mine was at 96% when it won the Set of the Year a month ago. This was before this card was in the set!!!

I still need a signed Carl Braun and a signed Guy Rodgers from this set so please shake out your old autos and make some money! This card finally surfaced so I KNOW the other 2 are out there somewhere! Cha-Ching!

Peace, Mike

PS Thanks to "Jerry G" on this board who sold me my 1st 33 cards from this set already signed and set me on this incredible journey about 2.5 years ago!
PS 2 Strangely enough, I also own the only slabbed signed Wilt Chamberlain In Action RC from this set but this Jordon excites me more as I truly thought I would never see one in my lifetime!

s-l1600d.jpg

Last edited by vthobby; 07-26-2018 at 09:08 PM.