View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 06:09 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
Ted - great cards! How about the Broadleaf green? Most sources I've seen recognize two different BL backs.

Do you know if the ABCD cards be found with only black American Beauties and Broadleafs, or both black and green?

Thanks, Dan

The ABCD subjects are only found with the black AMERICAN BEAUTY back.

Here I've reprised my DRUM checklist, in which I state that T205 subjects with the Green American Beauty back will NOT be found with a DRUM back (i.e., the ABCD connection) .
I have been collecting T205's since the 1980's and have yet to see this premise proven otherwise.

Regarding the green BL cards, there are so few of them, and I'm beginning to suspect that they may possibly have resulted due to printing errors. For example, Huggins has been
reported to only exist with a green BL back. I have Huggins with a black BL back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Only 15 % of the subjects in the T205 set were printed with the DRUM back. American Lithographic printed exactly 32 - T205 subjects with DRUM backs.

A = B = C = D connection

The key factor in this A = B = C = D equation is the Black American Beauty back. Note that T205 subjects with the Green American Beauty back will NOT
be found with a DRUM back.

T205 DRUM checklist......32 subjects

James Austin
John Bates
Beals Becker
George Bell
William Bergen
Russell Blackburne
Albert Bridwell
Mordecai Brown
Harold Chase (border on shirt)
Frank Corridon
Thomas Downey
Louis Evans
George Graham (blue signature)
Buck Herzog
Richard Hoblitzell
Miller Huggins
Jack Knight
A. Latham
Thomas Leach
John Lobert

Briscoe Lord
Patrick Moran
Frederick Olmstead
George Paskert
Fred Payne
Edward Phelps
John Quinn
Lewis Richie
David Shean
George Stone
Zach Wheat
Harry Wolter

The above 5 names in bold have yet to be confirmed with a DRUM back. However, they already have been confirmed with the A - B - C pattern.
Therefore, I expect these 5 subjects will eventually be discovered with the DRUM back.

TED Z

TED Z

T206 Reference