View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo_450 View Post
Do you have a display system? Cabinet, shelves, frames? Try spending some time on how you show off your favories (even just for yourself). Or... Sell it all and buy a boat. If you have trouble justifying liquidating, then you probably still really like doing it. If you still like doing it, then I suggest provenance pieces. Items with documented history can be exciting because of where they came from and who owned them. Just some thoughts.
theo,

i did sell off my #7 pete rose set recently, but still own the #4 set...primarily let it go to free up some space. but other than that, i don't really sell much. as for display purposes, i've never really been the one to display my items. not sure why, but i do dig looking at other guys' displays and the work and effort that goes into them. i have a simple little fortified closet that's organized to the t and pretty content with it.

and just want to reiterate, that i'm not necessarily bored with what i have, in fact, it's quite the opposite. i love my collection, it's more along the lines of the items i need to complete them hardly ever come up either grade wise or eye appeal for the price wise...

still haven't found that new project i'm fully dedicated to just yet, i did just buy my first t206 that i've had my eye on, a lil local card....who knows what it might lead to:

Last edited by begsu1013; 04-25-2015 at 05:21 PM.