View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 04:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I figure you can look at the entire package (offense and defense) when considering an MVP award. That said, sometimes it helps to be on a team that makes it to the WS because then that dimension is can be added to the selection process.

Why not pitchers? Yeah, a lot of people say that the Cy Young award is the prize for pitchers but when you look at the seasons that Verlander and Cole had, then you'd have to consider them (especially if the Stros make the series and win it all). Look at those WHIPs that each had. Totally mind boggling that two pitchers on the same team had stats like theirs - 300Ks, sub .90 WHIPs, sub 2.60 ERAs and both 20 game winners.
The vote is already in, I believe, so it's irrelevant what happens in the post season.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.