View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 10:35 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
Irv, it's the same card. It's the same serial number. It WAS in an old psa holder at a 5. Then it was sent to re-slab and psa left it at a 5 rather than correcting the mistake. It's not a big deal, because, after all, they are human.
I have heard that before, and that's only part of the problem I see with TPG's, namely PSA. Like has been talked about, that card should have never been graded a 5, but, as you say, it's a human factor, but it's hard to believe, unless the owner specifically requested no grading change, that PSA didn't correct it when it had the chance.

The 2 cards I posted just reiterated my thoughts about grading in general. I have seen many that make me scratch my head but thinking those 2 were likely graded by the same person, it just reconfirms my thoughts that grading has turned into a joke, if it wasn't already?

I think of the Dimaggio card with PWCC, and all the others I have seen since joining the site.
I have, time and time again, thought about getting some of my high number/value cards graded but based on what I have seen, they could grade at 2's or could grade at 5-6's? I am not about to take the chance, and that's all it is, nor spend all that money knowing my cards could come back at such a low grade. It simply isn't worth it, imo, and will add no value to my cards if they do.

Of course, I could roll the dice, but I'm not much of a gambler, and hope they come back at least 4-5's? It's frustrating, especially after you think you have educated yourself only to see what you have learned get thrown right out the window again.