View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 11:16 PM
JeR@Me

Default Thank you!

Hobby Net 54 Friends,

I am just seeing this thread for the first time and have been inactive the last few months as my boys had a magical run with their team this past summer all the way to the U.S. Championship game in the Little League World Series!

I bumped into Skip Nipper today at a Baseball event in Nashville, and he mentioned Net 54, this post, and I came home to scour through the search thread to find it and boom. Here it is...

I will try to be short winded here, but Thank you to all those that posted their support, and to the many Net 54 Friends (you know who you are) who text, emailed, messaged me regarding our team from the Southeast.

I was very humbled to be a part of this incredible experience as a coach/dad and it was one magical ride! Our team had 3 come from behind wins in the LLWS which left special memories, and we played the max number of games (7). I was able to see my twin boys hit Home runs, which helped win games against NorthWest (Oregon) and the West (California). One of my son's was given the Top Web Gem of the LLWS by ESPN Baseball tonight for "The Tag" at home to save the game against California. (I was too busy to get too caught up in it, as a bench coach, team mom , but it was fairy tale stuff and it lasted for 2-3 weeks which was much longer than that 10 minutes of fame we all hear about...) Too many memories, words to describe the experience, but I am Thankful to have met so many wonderful people from around the world, and I can't wait to visit again as a fan. 12 year old Baseball is so pure and LL does an incredible job capturing it all.

Thanks again for all the kind words and we are adjusting back to "normal" life just in time for the MLB playoffs!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg L47.jpg (79.9 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 01-07-2017 at 09:07 PM.