View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 05:52 AM
Paulanthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshleps View Post
I have a chance to trade for a signed Billy Southworth card- which is something I need for my collection. It was slabbed by AGS. Was (Is) this a legit company that you can trust their opinion on? I know all companies have big issues but just wanted to make sure these guys aren't like coaches corner etc.
Thanks
I don't have the ability to post a scan so just wanted your opinion on the company
Every HIGH END AGS Slabbed cards I have seen are Reprints. The Pete Rose Rookie Sold at Auction for $500.00.

Fake Rose tip Off (Black outline around Rose’s hat. (In my opinion they all have the line) The card is transparent when you hold it up to the light 25% lighter than a standard card from ’63( In a slab using a Scan is impossible to judge the card.) Too perfect of condition (This Rose RC looks like a 10)

I contacted the Auction House and told them To have a Qualified Dealer examine all the AGS cards in Their Auction. They had over (35 Cards) All high End. I singled out Rose and told them the Pete Rose has been counterfieted over 10,000 times.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fake rose.jpg (74.6 KB, 403 views)