View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>1880nonsports</b><p>as I guess you were included in my blanket statement. "...but the better items were sent to us upon our request. We issued very few COA's but the items that we did issue COA's for were always examined in person.". I essentially don't have a problem with this - although when an aution house says - these things were authenticated blah blah blah - it's discomforting to think it might have been viewed from a scan. The little buyer is just as concerned with their purchase as a high dollar collector is with their big money auto.. I understand time constraints and expense involved in authenticating big lots or more common elements don't leave much room to view everything all the time. I guess it is most important to know the reputation - experience - and diligence of the authenticator - which comes from experience and talking to other collectors/dealers.<br />BTW, I have only heard good things about you (Richard) and did purchase a Lekang auto when I was chasing the Sport King set. The transaction was quick and easy.......<br />