Thread: Card rage
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Default Card rage

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Well I bid on cards sometimes with 6 days left... and I'm serious about my bid when I do that. I don't consider it money thrown away...

While on occasion, if convenient, I've engaged in "time sensitive bidding", I've not used a snipe service, and plan on never doing so. If you guys think bidding with 3 days to go is throwing money away, I guarantee you paying someone to bid for you is financially wastefull. Bid yourself for free.

Card Rage is a well coined term. And at times I've bid more than I initially intended, with seconds to go, such is the power of a cable modem that allows for multiple bids with 10 seconds to go. Took me a few auctions to mature beyond falling into the false goal of "winning" the auction instead of the item.

Some folks have convinced me that if I do bid early, folks can see what I'm bidding on, and search via the bidder. I see the truth of that, because I've done that myself. Still, I like to bid on stuff, not just watch everything then bid with a short time to go.

So keep on paying a service to snipe for you with seconds to go, but you might be a more intelligent bidder when you understand there's a place for different strategies.