View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I don’t choose the arguments other people make. I didn’t choose the canard of an argument that Pettitte is an all-time team Yankee and A-Rod isn’t. I didn’t choose the complete fiction that it’s about PED’s. Surely you can understand that Pettitte is the proof the original claim of the thread is untrue. PED scandal is not the line keeping him out, because they put in a worse player with PED scandals. No shit Pettitte informs that argument, because he’s the proof it’s false. I said from the get go media and fan narratives independent of fairness or fact is what it’s about. You seem to believe the same thing.
The first post was about why someone doesn't like A-Rod and did not include any references to anything the Yankees have said about A-Rod. If you're saying it's impossible to discuss retiring numbers at any point after that without talking about Andy Pettitte, that is not fact either.

I also have no idea what your beef is with Pettitte or why you're pretending he's not an all-time Yankee. He so obviously is and is so obviously beloved by everyone who follows the Yankees. I mean, what are you suggesting about him when you say things like it's a "canard of an argument" to talk about him being one of the all-time Yankees? How is that false at all?

Last edited by packs; 10-23-2023 at 11:24 AM.