View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 01:37 PM
David Linardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregr2 View Post
I have some autographs from the early 70s from HOFers like Tom Seaver, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson and Rollie Fingers. Now I know these are authentic since I sent letters to these guys asking for their autographs in the early 70s and have held on to them through the years.

Now I am looking to get back into collecting autographs but I'm wondering about all the forgeries out there. When I find autographed pictures from Bob Feller, Stan Musial, Whitey Ford, Joe Dimaggio, etc. on Ebay that are not PSA/DNA certified how do you guys validate the signatures prior to making a purchase? Do I have to find authentic sigs and then make a comparison myself? Or is it ok to buy non PSA/DNA autographs as long as the seller has a good history?

Thanks
Greg
I have been playing the autograph game for a few years now. and the best advice i could give is to do your homework and buy from a reputable source. You can buy quality Items that have been certed by the likes of PSA/DNA or JSA, but you will pay a premium... For the most part they are spot on, but they do make mistakes... You can get good deals on uncerted merchandise by doing your homework (investing in Ron Keurajian's book & frequenting the PSA autographfacts page). Yet, I will say that there is no subsititute than buying from a dealer who is reputable, stands behind their product, and adds value to the hobby...

Their are two such gents that are Net54 members & I would highly recommend you reach out to them if you have a wishlist in mind:
1-Jim Stinson of Jim Stinson sports
2-Richard Simon of Richard Simon sports

Both have been instrumental in helping me build my collection, and I would recommend them both to whomever is attempting to take the leap of faith into the world of autograph collecting

Cheers & Happy Hunting!
-Dave

Last edited by daves_resale_shop; 12-28-2013 at 01:39 PM.