View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

I don't remember if it was95 or 96 but my first show was in Garfield NJ . It was held ( and still is ) at the boys and girls club . There was so much going on and I was a newbie . I would go and buy boxes and packs . I never wanted singles I felt that I wanted no needed to pull the cards myself . At the very least trade for my cards .

Like most I still have a crap load of cards from then . The good the bad and the ugly ! But would not change it for the world .

The show always had some of the best dealers . But of course I ran in to scammers . I once pulled a Dan Marino donruss elite numbered . At the time this was a big deal . I traded it for a bunch of really cool looking cards . They were not in the Beckett . So I then went around trying to sell or trade those cards . A dealer stopped me and said that they were only dollar cards . So I went back to the guy and said hey you ripped me off ! And that I wanted my card back . He gave me some line like a trade is a trade . I said that he told me that they were worth more . So he pretended to look for the card and then acted like it was gone . I'll never forget that and I still see the guy . I wonder if he remembers ripping me of .