View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 05:33 AM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago206 View Post
You guys clearly have some type of agenda.
The "agenda" is with your tone and attitude -- not your opinion.

I think it has been said before on this thread, but I agree that debating whether this card is a T206 is really just questioning whether Burdick went too far by including it, since he is the man who defined what it means to be a T206.

I think we could all agree that if the Cobb/Cobb were definitively shown to have been produced in 1925, that we would say universally that it was not a T206. But beyond the definitional birth years of 1909-11, there will never be a consensus as to whether the lack of more fronts or distribution area or unique factory mean Burdick went too far. Since that was all basically at Burdick's fingertips at the time, the evidence really militates for a finding that Burdick did not go too far. And I think he probably deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Fortunately I only collect T206 fronts and I was able to persuade SGC to take its Cobb/Cobb down from its registry on the basis of it being a back designation. So I'll stick with a nice Sweet Cap Red Cobbie and let the back-interested folk keep caring.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 04-13-2010 at 05:34 AM.