Thread: Vintage Racing?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 03:11 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansballcardblog View Post
Eddie,

Which of these cards did you pick up. I remember seeing these on eBay and just couldn't go strong at the time. I just wanted a type card myself.

I haven't been on N54 much but am once again shifting my focus back toward the vintage Indy 500 stuff. One of my biggest shortcomings in my inability to focus. I've still been slowly picking up some of the vintage cards and I assume have been bidding against some other members.

Hope all is well!
-kin
I picked up Frank Lockhart. I wanted a 500 winner as my type card. Lockhart is interesting story, having won the Indy 500 and setting a land speed record before dying on another land speed record attempt (the video is on YouTube).

I know it is not vintage, but I have been following the Topps Formula 1 releases of the past year. Many of the auction prices, especially for Hamilton and Verstappen, are mind blowing to me. I have not picked up any of those cards yet, but I will. Even prices of early Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher cards from the 1980s and '90s have exploded over the past year.

I picked up a Mulford T227 card, which I have wanted for a while, recently from a board member. I have also started working on a T36 basic set. I currently at 10/25 cards on that.

Happy to see you are still around and still collecting racing.

Last edited by Bored5000; 08-16-2021 at 03:18 AM.