View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 10:49 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCyganik View Post
That... is... incredible. Is your collection all eras including today's game, or is there a particular vintage focus for you? Are they all acquired from hobby pickups or are there sections from games you attended over the years?

For example, I have maybe 300 programs, but most are vintage pre-1970s with a small section for games I go to. My dad however has a whole wall of a thousand+ programs, some he has randomly picked up over the years, but most are from games he's attended as a kid in Detroit in the 60s-70s and as an Arizona Diamondbacks season ticket member. Getting a program to every game of every season he's been to adds up pretty quickly.

But yeah Jeff, if there was ever a way a group of us program aficionados could get together to create a program checklist/database, I'd imagine you would be a primary source!

I collect a little bit of everything but almost everything is pre 1970's for pro teams and pre 1980's for college football. I do save the ticket stub and program from every game I attend, but most have been purchased over the last 30 years at flea markets, shows, eBay, etc. I'd be happy to share my inventory if anyone wants a particular item.

Jeff