View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 07:26 PM
M@++ Cyganik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
Any chance a ticket stub is around from that game? I ask because as s long time program collector I can tell you ticket stubs have far surpassed programs in terms of market value. Especially for significant games such as this one.
When I get a program from a 3000 hit club first game I go right out and pick up a program from his final game which most times is also his final hit. Makes great display.. esp for Hammering Hank..
I agree that tickets in most cases are much more valuable. I would love to find a ticket to this game in a cheap enough manner to afford it. But I think that's part of the appeal I have with being a program collector. Not only are they cool from an art and history perspective, but they are usually reasonably priced compared to most other vintage memorabilia. And because many memorabilia dealers and casual sellers don't do the research on programs like cards, I have found quite a few historic game programs for very reasonable prices. Which sort of fuels the chase...

I couldn't find any tickets for this game, but one seller on eBay is offering a ticket to his first true game in Cincinnati for $1200...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-Ticket...QAAOSwo4pYSXKx