View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 02:44 PM
Randy Trierweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat61 View Post
Thanks Leon, I think this pretty much closes the Corson case, unless by some amazing chance there is evidence he did play under an assumed name.

I think collectors and Hobby historians were all thinking along the lines Matt at the Hall of Fame discovered (he did a fantastic job!) but may have had reservations about saying this guy fabricated his past. This wasn't fun for me, I wanted to tell people about Mr. Corson's Baseball career and as a card collector and uncovered a giant 60 year fraud.

What's been running in the back of my mind, is how did the go on for so long and why didn't any of our hobby founders like Buck Barker, Charles Brooks or Lionel Carter check into this when it was written?

Leon, in your opinion, does this hurt Corson's credibility in every other aspect of the hobby like his writings and research?

I'd still love a photograph of Mr. Corson though.
It's plausible that Barker, Brooks, and Carter knew the truth. They were all researchers. I bet Buck Barker would keep that to himself should he have known about it. It doesn't change his contributions to the hobby for me.