View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Default Board With The Truth

Posted By: E, Daniel

No JK, I read his last couple of paragraphs as "you get what you deserve" if you don't collect raw, and over considerable time, and get to know each issue for its subtleties.
I just don't feel it accurately reflects the collecting hobby today, what is and isn't possible, and more importantly what should and shouldn't be the way of doing things.
I thought we had a great thread not that long ago that went, 'collect how you want to collect, there is no right and wrong way, and there is room for all'.

The idea that somehow a very small number of collectors with high grade material drives all discussion and angst regarding grading standards or the problems with altered material, is patently untrue.

I have ONE card graded higher than a 3 in my pre-war.
About 40% of my collection was purchased raw, and I consider myself very very lucky (not smart) for the opportunity to see them raw - and for the fact many of these cards would not be available any longer for the collector to buy that way.

Either way, the issues mentioned above speak to me, and just perhaps others who don't have PSA6's and above in their collections, and I'm tired of being typecast by a few on this board.

Is that OK?

Daniel