View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Default ACC designations

Posted By: jay behrens

Brian, hate to burst your bubble, but if the hobby legends really cared about making changes to the ACC, they would have done so long ago. As Leon has pointed out, most people, including hobby verterans, just don't care. Besides, who is to say who is worthy and who isn't to make these changes? It's not like this message board is populated with a bunch of mindless drones like over at the CU board. You have much of teh cream of the hobby lurking or posting here, including the legends you allude to, so it's not like this little endevore is going on completely unnoticed. If these legends want to be involved, there is nothing to stop them. They can even do so privately as we all have email addresses we can be contacted at.

It's not like we are revamping the whole ACC. We are just going after the baseball cards. I've never done a tabulation, but I'd guess that baseball cards are 20% or less of the book. Saying the ACC is sacred is almost as bad as saying Newtonian physics shouldn't be overturned even there is new evidence to make changes to it. we are doing a disserves to Burdick by NOT updating his lifes work, then leaving it as he left it.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.