View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 10:05 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE......Possible sources of the T206 Wagner cards (Re-visited)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 REFERENCE.......Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
Steve, Plank is also found with a 350 back from what I've read. I've seen estimates that there are about twice as many known Planks, counting all the backs.

Ted, I thought I had seen a site that breaks down all of the known backs, but there is not one that I could find. There's a site that lists the fairly recent sales with nicknames for the cards and grades, like Chesapeake Wagner, Oceanside Wagner, Nun's Wagner, etc.

PSA's pop is not very helpful. They show zero Piedmonts graded, 15 SC, but only 6 cards are broken down as 4 SC 150/25 and 2 SC 150/30. I'm surprised to learn that the back breakdowns are not publicly known. Rob

Rob

It's really strange that the most heralded card in the hobby doesn't have an accurate accounting of it. And, you are correct, the PSA pop report does not even have the famous
PIEDMONT 150 Wagner PSA 8 listed. In fact, they have No PIEDMONT 150 Wagner's listed. Not in the pop report that I have a link of. And, I know of at least two additional
Wagner cards with PIEDMONT 150 backs.

Every single Wagner card in the hobby (both PIEDMONT and SWEET CAPORAL) should be well documented.

TED Z