View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 10:27 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Hi Rob

Thanks for the link to that article. However, what is the numerical breakdown between SC 150/25 and SC 150/30 ? His "most of them are SC 150/25" doesn't really tell us this.
I'm not trying to be "difficult"....it's just that I have seen this breakdown regarding the Plank SC 150 cards and if I recall correctly there are a fair number of Factory #30 backs
in that population.
We do know that Wagner and Plank were on the same sheet when the 150 Series cards were printed and issued. Therefore, I would expect a corresponding breakdown with the
Wagner and Plank cards.

TED Z
Which makes another puzzle. If they really were on the same sheet, Plank and Wagner should be roughly equally uncommon. Yet there are about double the number of Planks. (75 to 35 for PSA, and the grade distribution is also different. )

Call me contrary, but I think they were on different sheets, both sheets being subject to some misfortune in having to be pulled from production.
Considering how there are small differences between series, and even occasionally within a series, I suspect there are "commons" with specific identifiers that are just as uncommon as a Wagner or Plank.