View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 07:51 PM
Rich Klein

Please note: I do NOT sell on Ebay but only sell at shows,

Hate to say this: but it's the seller's cards and they can offer it at whatever price they wish to offer the card for sale Isn't that truly the free market system at work. Not everyone, wants to, or needs to, sell cards at your price.

I agree with the poster who mentions about not selling the card bought for and then offered a small percent profit. If the person quotes the price the card sold for, if that is what you are willing to pay, then that person could have bought it earlier at the higher price. I saw a note in the Shriner's thread about an item purchased for 1K which the seller is now asking 5K for. Now, if the person who wants to buy the item HAD the money at the time, why not buy the bullet at that point.

"If I could change one thing of many things about ebay, I would make it a rule that if a seller relists a BIN card that it most be 10% lower in price and after a few re-listings the cards would finally sell and stop clogging up my searches!!"

Maybe true for many vintage cards but not always true on new cards -- if you posted Mookie Betts at a high price about 3 months ago, the market has accelerated from there and you'd be selling way too cheap in many cases to do that. That's a totally impractical idea for new card sellers.

I would point out that at many small and mid-level shows (such as mine for a not-so-subtle plug) the dealers are happy to sell reasonable. If you are lucky enough to have show (s) in your area then get to those shows and meet fellow collectors in public

Regards
Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 11-05-2018 at 09:01 AM.