View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robextend View Post
I was thinking about all the music talk on this part of the board, and then it occured to me that I am probably not the only one that likes a song or songs that doesn't really fit in with anything else they listen to and is totally out of the norm for you.
"totally out of the norm for you" That's the key here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaiko View Post
This song has somehow permanently engraved itself into my subconscious and I find myself singing it, out of the blue, every few years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eN-ScHMdC0

If anyone felt embarrassed by their choice, don't worry, that onus is clearly now on me.
And Tsaiko, please pass the onus.

Here goes... the Mary Poppins soundtrack. Pretty much the whole thing. At least when they were young, my daughters loved singing along with me and Julie.

Not done yet. 25 years later came "The Little Mermaid" At that time, my oldest daughter was five (what a great age for daughters ) and my youngest was still a few years from starting her life. So I got a lot of mileage out of that one and I must admit that I have a few songs from each on my ipod.

P.S. Although Mary Poppins has tremendous sentimental reasons why I enjoy it so (the first movie my Mom ever took me to and she even re-upped to watch it back to back. Better memories no other six year old could have. Sure do miss her.) To me, it stands on its own as an all time classic. Even garnered Oscars for Best Original Music Score and for Best Song!