View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 08:15 AM
Sam Lemoine

Ben, I have spent the morning thinking about this. In the 4 major team sports here is what I see:

NFL: Refs calls decide everything. You can call holding or pass interference on almost every play. They do it arbitrarily. Or is it?

NBA: Decades of questionable calls. One referee even admitted to it, and everyone looks at him as the outcast. Really? I saw decades of calls go in favor of Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, etc.

NHL: Guys are hitting each other constantly, yet only certain times are penalties called.

MLB: One umpire literally decides the game by controlling the strike zone, which cannot be challenged.

I have been a diehard sports junkie for 50 years. But this might be the last straw. The officiating decides too many games, and more often than not it favors the big market team. Rams over Saints, Bulls over Jazz, Lakers over Kings, etc. It might be time to free myself from sports and spend the hours a week I spend watching games, listening to sports talk radio, and collecting sports stuff.

Last edited by PowderedH2O; 01-21-2019 at 08:17 AM.