View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
A few months ago, an elderly neighbor called me to look at some mail she received. Her husband died a few months ago and she received a letter in the mail from some sketchy real estate company offering to buy her house in cash immediately. For about half of what it was worth. I guess this is a business angle. Comb the obituaries and find widows who are floundering financially and try to get their home for about half of its fair market value.

I reviewed the letter to her and explained that these guys were trying to get her home for a fraction of what it was worth and she should throw the letter in the garbage.

Did I "out" their business model. Should I feel terrible about what I did?
Sorry, but I have a hard time believing your story that just conveniently happened a few months ago... perfect timing to make a nonsensical comparison to the thread right? And you're comparing someone who offers someone an unsolicited low ball offer to someone purchasing an item at what the seller wanted or expected. These two things are completely different. You can't see that?

So if you're some marauding do-gooder so concerned with ignorant sellers getting the same amount as people that actually research and do the work...
then why aren't you spending day and night patrolling the web, looking to help those completely unfortunate individuals to make sure they get every penny you wrongfully think they deserve?

Hurry Steven!! Someone somewhere is getting an item a nickel cheaper than market value... Ohh the unjust horror!

...I should add this is mostly in jest, but c'mon, let's not be delusional.
What ever happened to personal responsibility in society????

Last edited by Huysmans; 09-29-2018 at 10:38 AM.