View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 09:35 PM

Default Most Undervalued Boxing Card/Set

What is everybody's most underrated/undervalued boxing card/set? What card do you think is just a ticking time bomb waiting to explode in value? Obviously this is going to be a card that you have or want because part of the fun of collecting is playing the market: buying low and hopefully selling sky high! So what is everyone's choice for the boxing card or set that is going to explode in value and why?

My choice is a 1964 Simon Chocolates Cassius Clay in mid to high grade, if high grade even exists! I personally believe this is his true rookie card because it is the first card that nobody can make an argument for it not being a card, like the Hemmets and Rekord pictures haha. Besides it being his rookie, the Simon Clay is extremely rare and almost never comes up for sale. The ones that do make it to auction almost all have destroyed backs from being glued in to albums or if they weren't protected by the albums are almost all near destroyed. The highest graded copy is only a PSA 4 and there are only 6 total copies graded. I have been looking for any copies I can find and there just aren't many at all. I have one that should beat out the PSA 4 but will probably only grade out to a PSA 5 or 6 max. That is my card I think is going to explode in value once collectors realize how rare this Clay card is and how impossible it is to find in even mid grade. I have another lower cost card that I think could become fairly expensive if people ever find out about it. After looking for months for a copy of this card there are 2 auctions for it ending on Monday. I will.mention that card after I hopefully own a couple of them, for under $5 haha. They aren't boxing but they aren't big 4 sports cards either.

What's everyone else's? A lot of times extrely rare cards never rise in value because no one knows about them. Let's get people to know about your rare cards you think, or want, to rise in value!