View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 08:10 PM
Geordie Calvert

My card buying has all but dried up since I finished most of the Dodgers sets I had been working on and sworn off almost all modern cards. Even the Butler collection has been gathering dust. I pick stuff up here and there for it, but just can't get all that excited about it anymore.

Today's mail changed that a little bit. Some of you may remember that I picked up a couple of Turkey Red cards at the last Chicago National from Mike Peich. I had no intention of grabbing any, but once I made the plunge I was hooked. Over the course of the next several months I picked up the rest of the Brooklyn set except one: George Bell. I had several friends keeping an eye out in Atlantic City for it, but they had no luck. I'dve also had the card on my daily search list for at least the last six months, but it remained elusive. That finally changed several days ago when one popped up on eBay. Ended up picking it up for just over the mb and $50 less than the budget I had set for the National.

Another Dodgers set falls. Guess I'll get serious about Red Man next.

Last edited by TNP777; 10-13-2016 at 08:11 PM.