View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 09:34 AM
Cort.ney De.Lorme

Anger provokes responses. Those responses can sometimes be damaging to ones credibility and insulting to others. I have no intention of doing any of those to anyone or any business...........except to those who INTENTINALLY lie to me and steal from me. My previous comments about SGC and a "$20 Card Collector" (which from what I hear is the name of a new forum page) was directed at ONE PERSON for being an argumentative prick with no substantive argument............not people that collect cards in a range less than, say, $10K. The posts were unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize. SGC has graded with the toughest of them and aggravated the crap out of me on one particular instance..............but, garnered great respect from it. For example, I had 9 PSA 8 '57 Unitas 8's that I took to a show and wanted to have ONE crossed over to an SGC 8.5 or 9. I spent over 3K on crossovers for them to tell me that only 3 of those 8's even fit their 8 requirements. So, my respect of their grading techniques grew tremendously. However, the reason I don't buy SGC is b/c of their lack of qualifiers. When I buy a card, if it's been trimmed, altered, etc., (ahem.......cue, BRENT) I want to know so that I can STAY AWAY (AGAIN, CUE BRENT) from it. I don't buy that stuff. That's just my personal preference. The same goes for BVG. I prefer PSA b/c of their qualifiers. Are they perfect, no. Are any of us, absolutely not. But, PSA, in my humble opinion have garnered the respect of the hobby and hold the most stable prices of any of the companies. That's MY OPINION, nothing more; so please don't attack me over that. This post is simply an apology for those 2 comments that I made out of frustration and to otherwise defend SGC and their business practices, which I made a fool of myself earlier in the thread for saying the things that I did.

And quite a few of you brought it to my attn. ;-)