View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Fiasco- please read

Posted By: TBob

Although mislabeled as a 1911 Obak, it was a 1910 Obak Series 150 card.
Brian- I certainly hope you are right that no one would stoop that low who is on this board. I can give you the names of two Obak collectors who it absolutely is NOT, that is Doug Klein "dugknel" (I always misspell that) on ebay who actually bid on the card and didn't have a problem with its early ending and Brian Parker, a super guy who collected Obaks but now has his set completed. I would also find it very hard to believe one of the people was Jim Hatcher who is another nice guy I have met on line. One thing about Obak collectors, they are the nicest in the hobby. That said, I am betting the jerks were either dealers or guys looking to flip a difficult card for profit and could care less about adding it to their collection.
Brian- I realize my response is a tad cryptic but I'd like to not provide a link as I still want the card and don't want to encourage bidding competition, although I am sure it will now exist. Also I didn't want to name names without proof, just conjecture. Hopefully when the auction ends, the seller will provide me with those names and I'll see to it that in the future they will have plenty of extra bidding on cards they want. Sorry for the vindictiveness, I just hate liars and people who try to intimidate the unwary and unknowing, like the seller (see previous post)
Bob.