View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 04:33 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
On the Delehanty bat: If it is good, why not get the opinions of several of the authenticators out there and sell it with all of their certs? Seems simple enough...
The problem is once they hear that it came from Peter Nash they want nothing to do with it. Let me give you an example, last year I consigned some items to Lelands Auctions. When they found out the stuff came from Peter Nash, Josh Evans called me cursing me out and threatening to report me to the FBI. I told him the FBI has already questioned me about this stuff and that I told the FBI that many of the items I have originally came from the Dooley family in Mass. Peter Nash acquired many items from Elizabeth Dooley and after she died Nash befriend old lady Katherine Dooley and acquired a huge amount of items from Katherine Dooley. Josh Evans went off on me telling me I’m a liar and that Nash never knew the Dooley family. When I told him I meet Katherine Dooley back in 2007 with Nash at her house he told me I was full of shit. But I was there when Nash and his crew was shooting the film “The Birth of Red Sox Nation”. I watched the old lady give Nash some stuff that came from McGreevy’s bar. I was so pissed off I called the Dooley’s attorney to help me get provenance on some of the collateral items I have. The law firm was very helpful and sent me some documents. The funny thing is Josh Evans lied to me saying he knew nothing about the Dooley family. The truth is this same law firm consigned Hugh Duffy’s gold pocket watch to Lelands Auctions which came from Katherine Dooley's Estate. I saw this same Hugh Duffy gold pocket watch in Katherine "Kitty" Dooley's living room in a glass case back in August of 2007. John Dooley, Kitty's father was best friends with Hugh Duffy and ended up with most of Hugh Duffy's personal items. Josh Evans knew full well that Hugh Duffy's pocket watch was from Katherine Dooley's estate. I have a copies of Lelands Auction's consignment papers and Lelands was clearly informed that the pocket watch came from Katherine Dooley's estate.

Last edited by Sunny; 02-01-2014 at 10:40 AM.