View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 07:52 AM
Ki.rk Rob.inson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne View Post
Erik

Im a scanner junkie as well(as if you didn't already know)

Ive got three brother, but none of them were into the cards like I was when we were kids. With the kind of steller collection Kirk has been posting I would adopted him anyday as a Brother. I would even encourage him to keep his cards in my room!

As for how the Kelloggs cards were issued Im not sure, but I assume they could be had in the cereal boxes. Maybe Kirk has more insight on that.

I carefully scanned over the 70's pics you posted Kirk and did not see my White whale card, Dave Osborn #147

Also wanted to ask just how you came to have so much product like that?
It would certainly cost one a small fortune to aquire unopened boxes of 1970 product in todays crazy market. Im not even sure where one would find that kind of stuff. Kirk?

John
On the 1970 Kellogg's Issues ....... The 3-D's were issued one per box and they also had a mail in oppourtunity, where you could order the complete set.
I was eating Kellogg's Corn Flakes: Mourning, Noon & Night during that 1970 Season.
As my Mom would only buy another box once the current one was completely gone.
It got to the point where I was actually digging holes and burying the stuff in the back yard.
Kind of Pre John Wayne Gacy type stuff.
I can tell your examples were the mail in variety John, as you can tell buy the little .... for lack of a better term small "Chads" attachments still on the top of the cards.

I think quite possibly we might have also had a White Whale Siting.
I'll try and post up a scan here a little later once my camera battery charges up.

Funny Thing, as a kid Leroy Kelly was by far My favorite football player.
Man #44 from Morgan State.
The Ultimate Mudder, had the ability to run flat footed and still make his cuts.
Great Player there for a few years!

On a much more somber note, I became a Life Long Browns Fan in 1968.
Nuff said on that.

Last edited by mojorob; 12-23-2013 at 09:57 AM.