View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

I think by adding 25% to your bottom line, I'm hoping that's on top of the fees as you will go out of business soon.

I do enjoy this thread topic as well as it is sad to see, what appears to be, the end of the eBay auctions. Take into consideration the following:

I did a search on 1959 Topps Frank Robinson. There were 6 up for auction and 101 in Buy It Now/Stores.

I did a seach on Warren Spahn Autographs. There were 28 up for auction and 435 in Buy It Now/Stores. For a signed 8x10, they vary from $18 to $199, with most selling in the high $50 price range.

Let's take a look at the future. This time next year, there may be 650 in Buy It Now/Stores and 10 in auctions. So if you want a Warren Spahn autograph, you will have 650 to choose from, all varying in prices with of course, the 10 auctioned items selling for considerably less.

I don't know how eBay stores do it either. They are annoying to sort through (thankfully they have the tab) and I have never found anything at the correct price to make it worth my while.

Larry