View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Default Robinson and Reese, by Monty Sheldon, hand painted.

Posted By: Mark Macrae

Julie...Thanks for sharing these cards. To slightly correct Chris' statement, Monty Sheldon did not work in designing the Helmar snack cards in 2005. Monty liked the cards, contacted Helmar Brewing and , after several conversations with Helmar, made an arrangement to work with them on designing and creating future sets and projects beginning last year. The hand-painted cards by Monty Sheldon ,ordered through Helmar, are currently priced at $225 each. I've worked with Monty for nearly 10 years. In that timeframe, I've enjoyed the privelidge of looking at nearly 90% of his baseball related work and own quite a bit of it as well. A few posters and lurkers here also own his originals, although I'll let them "out" themselves if they so choose.... John... If you do not get a response from Monty by Tuesday, let me know by private email & I'll see to it that you're put in contact with him. I talk with him regularly (including today), but like most artists there are periods of time where he will avoid the computer, or outside world ....