View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiedoggy View Post
Bill,

I seem to recall a thread where we talked about jumping in the Delorean and going back in time for a baseball card shopping spree. I talked about the obvious issues of time travel, i.e. not having the currency of the time period nor the proper clothing, which would make us stand out like a sore thumb to the people back in that time period. We would probably look like alien spacemen to them! Let's assume that as we are transported back in time our cloths and money magically change to that of our target destination, which for me would be New York city during the Spring of 1909.
Ten minutes is not a lot of time but I'd spend my time buying up all the cigarette packs I could.

Oh and why Spring? Something to do with a certain player's card whose production was cut short that year.
Rob,

I remember it, too. The first thread was more geared towards going back in time, and seeing something you'd enjoy (hence enough time to watch a game, or a series). This is more geared towards going back in time to change something. Ten minutes isn't enough time to catch even one good at bat, but it would be enough time to prevent somebody like Roberto Clemente from getting on a plane that would kill him. It would also be enough time to make sure that Fred Merkle's name was not forever associated with a base running blunder.

The two discussions are similar, but the intent behind the time travel is different. However, I suppose if you had a Delorean, you could accomplish both. But all it would take is catching one game watching Ty Cobb race around the bases for me to forget every other thing I needed to accomplish.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.