View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
To me the biggest thing is to just be consistent. For this, I really like the Epson software. One of the big features I really like is the ability to save preset scan setting based on a location of the bed. I have presets for PSA cards, SGC cards, raw T/E, PSA tallboys, etc, and can very easily flip between these setting in the middle of a big batch of cards. As long as you are consistent with where the card is placed on the glass, it works great and you never need to worry about alignment. To make placement consistent, I simply use some Legos built into an "L" shape that I can easily place, align to both the side and top, lift the guide away, scan and repeat.
Huh, nice tip! Adjusting the scan box each time lets me know if I have the card crooked on the bed. Sometimes I get movement when I remove the BGS slab, but mostly there may be a nub of plastic on the bottom of the PSA slab so it doesn’t want to sit flat.

I agree with you though, if I was doing a mass volume I would probably scan more than 1 at a time or align the card more positively side to side to remove the step of adjusting the scan box.