View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I know. It's incomprehensible to me.
Peter & Greg- I make my adjusted ceiling price with the premium added in - I'm never surprised by it, just disappointed it keeps me from landing some cards I want:

Example from this REA auction:

I already have a N28 Ward & a N162 Kelly, but I was looking to upgrade as I prefer all my cards to be in at least EX grade (my Ward is a PSA-4 and Kelly SGC-40).

I got the REA Ward SGC-80 for $60 less than I had figured to spend, but the PSA-5 Kelly went above my limit of 4250 + 850= 5100. The hammer price at 5K to become 6K altogether, which was $900 more than I was willing to go...and I thought I would be overpaying at that.

Again, I was fully prepared for the premium, it just keeps me from getting my upgrade.

If the same card had shown up on Ebay, I may have been able to afford it...of course the other side of the argument is that since nobody would be paying the premium, they could all spend more and the same final price may very well be the result.

Perhaps I would have considered laying out more if this was not just an upgrade situation.

-Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente