View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Kev1n @1les

I am having some remorse. I thought long and hard about the 33 Delong Lionel Carter set. I know that I can get a 33 Delong set in the future, but I doubt I will ever be able to get that set! It went for 5 grand + 1 grand BP. I stopped at 4 grand. It was at $4,750 last night and had been there for a while. It went up only $250. I woke up early this morning for the 1/2 Marathon and the auction hadn't closed yet. I am getting ready to buy a motorcycle this month, so my wife and I agreed that it was an either/or proposition. At breakfast, I thought that I am pretty deep into my 54, 55, and 56 sets with each probably pushing 5-6k with the number of grade 6 & 7 superstars and HOFers. I don't want to sell them, but I knew that I could get them again - but I would not be able to get Carter's Delongs. So, I had a quick conversation with the Mrs about using consignment credit for the sake of making one final push (I would pay up front, but the understanding was that I would consign in the fall and reimburse the account). I would then make whatever set I sold be my next project and start again.

I got the head nod, was getting ready to make one final push as I had gotten final warning. I popped open the computer and it had just closed. Maybe 5250 or 5500 doesn't get it, but I am going to wish I pulled the trigger...

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set