View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 04:00 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Sports are very physical. Other things like "anticipation" and "intelligence" can help one high level player over another high level player. There is an extremely obvious reason the NBA is not filled with "geniuses" who cannot physically compete with the rest of the players - because it is a very physical sport. The physical is a prerequisite. If I dedicated my entire life to a sport and became #1 in preparation for that sport, I still wouldn't make it because I do not have the prerequisite.

What people want to find and consider virtuously politically correct and is actually true are not the same thing. Women athletes lose to men far below their 'level' whenever it is tried, for the obvious physical reasons and the differences between men and women. Women are different. They are built different. Both genders have plusses and minuses compared to the other. It is simply reality. A woman has not and will not seriously compete in a very physical high-level sporting realm whether we like that or not.

Likely the most astonishing (and underappreciated) female athlete the world has ever known, Katie Ledecky, is still at her absolute peak (a record shattering, truly staggering, insane 1500) 6 percent or so slower than the top male. And the gap of course gets much much bigger as you move to sports with contact.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-27-2024 at 04:01 PM.