View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 08:34 PM
Chevrons and Diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
It now looks like this guys 1909 pirates poster was stolen from the hall of fame twice.
This was one of the most interesting threads that I have read on any message board. I realize that I am johnny-come-lately on this thread but having read this one and the two others, I found myself astonished. From the moment I saw the first thread with the OP's sharing of the framed yardlong, I wondered which soldier was being referenced as Jackson. I tried to give benefit of doubt though my first instincts were to re-examine each face in that top row trying to see which one could be mistaken for the man. Not one person stood out to me.

When someone buys the story rather than the artifact, they want so desperately to believe it to be true despite every indication that the story is BS. To deny biographers who have researched this man ad nauseum and never having found a shred of evidence of service and then to ignore this fact while trying to sell the piece (hoping for a large payday) is a massive credibility hole.

Thanks to all who weighed in.

I am just a lowly researcher and military historian with a focus on baseball militaria.

ChevronsandDiamonds.org