View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default yes

the cautions notices and factory info look right for the cheap box (boite?) also that paper leafy edge on the left of the box looks to be an out label with the same motiff as the 4 corners on the box top. The trim on the top and bottom look the same. Probably those 2 things in the middle are bats and the national league stamping on the front side looks period but no slam dunk without seeing other elements - often the style of the cigar would be placed there. The inner label appears slightly out of position, doesn't match the outside, has no depth or clarity, the embellishment appears hand-applied, and the percieved toning to damage to age thing looks off. I haven't had time to lo0k-up the "national league" name but despite my crs - rings a bell and there are FEW unknown commercially produced (not "on demand" custom brands) BB and sport boxes - at least through a label or sample book if not an actual box. Again for the record - I don't have it in hand (IMPORTANT), I'm no expert, nor did I sleep at the "Inn" that I can remember - however it's pretty easy to opine that this is a poorly executed mish-mosh of some intellectually challenged miscreant.

Last edited by 1880nonsports; 10-15-2013 at 10:36 PM.