View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 03:44 PM
Dave Grob

Default 1934 Dodgers Home Uniform

Thanks for the kind words. The uniform, as some might know, was offered the most recent REA event. The description listed it as a road jersey. There was also some inaccurate information in the LOA that came with the uniform, but it was of little consequence since I knew what it was that I was buying. The source of the uniform was a Dodgers Bull Pen catcher (mid 1936 to partial season 1939). With 1938 being smack dab in the middle of this time range, I decided to look at images from 15 June 1938 (First Night Game at Ebbets Field/Vandy’s 2nd No-No). I found an image that I believe shows a guy walking off the field post game with the Dodgers pitchers and he appears to be wearing this style of jersey.

The contrast is easy to see as the 1938 Dodgers uniform featured the script “DODGERS” applique that we see today. It is clearly not a CINCINNATI jersey as those did not feature soutahce along the placket as this style does. I am currently in the process of trying to obtain a better quality image to confirm the style.

If this holds up, I will likely contact the family member to see if she can identify the man in the picture as her father. I don’t get the chance to spend as much time on my own stuff as I would like, but I am certainly enjoying this one to no end.

Dave Grob
Dave Grob1@aol.com