View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 07:20 PM
JeR@Me

Default "Seeing Red" : T210-3 Orange Borders (Revisited)

Well, I am seeing red after just acquiring a 16 card lot of Orange Borders pulled from a near complete Series 3 subset which was a part of a 99% complete T210 set. This is a major find for me through a third party and I am tickled to share them with you T210/Orange Border lover's out there. (Brian M. - I have been trying to reach you!)

Also, I wanted to revive this thread from last month regarding "20 Known examples" of players in the series 3 subset of 95 players. I now believe what Robert D. was indicating in his initial post in this thread about there only being 20 known players of Orange borders. I came to this conclusion after acquiring this lot of players and then reviewing history of all REA and Legendary Auctions back several years. I also reviewed all Net 54 Orange Border threads and per my calculations, I came up with 117 known examples of Orange borders and they only included the 20 players mentioned in this thread from 5 of the 8 Series 3 teams. My research also shows multiples of each of the 20 players but the range is anwhere from 3-9 of each player. (*Some of my research may yield duplicates due to buying/selling activity of same cards, so the 117 count could be a little high*)

More discussion to come, I hope... Meanwhile I will toss this intial scan of OB's on the board. These just arrived in the mail today...I will get better scans posted in time. The Orange color ranges between about 5 different shades...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OB's2.jpg (75.8 KB, 329 views)
File Type: jpg OB's_0001.jpg (77.7 KB, 321 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 09-28-2011 at 08:04 PM. Reason: 2nd Group scan added