Thread: type cards
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Default type cards

Posted By: David Poses

having found myself collecting pretty much anything i like at any given moment, it occurs to me that i have become a type card collector.

i've perused various type card collectors sites any number of times (thanks for putting together such a comprehensive site, leon), and have studied the hobby for a few years and would like to think i am reasonably familiar with most issues out there and have been trying to cobble together a comprehensive list (if anyone already has one please share).

to the type card collectors-
in your experience, what has been the toughest to acquire? what's your favorite? what year does your collection begin? do you care about having an example from the 1986 topps set? what year does your collection end? if, say, you already have an e102 hal chase in good condition and then you see an e102 dots miller that you like, do you force yourself to choose between the chase and get the miller or are you cool having two cards from the same set? is there a theme of your type cards - ie- you go for examples of new york teams only? does it vary on type- ie- chicago for caramel cards and new york for t-cards? portraits only? etc.

the ways to go about this are so limitless and fascinating to me, so i'm curious as to how anyone with a type collection decides what to buy and how to narrow or expand their focus. please don't get me wrong- i'm not looking for an instruction manual or strategy guide- just looking to open a dialogue and get some opinions and preferences. any input is appreciated.
thanks in advance, as this board is always a font of knowledge. d