View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 03:48 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
So you are saying that PSA is to be the sole authority a seller must turn to in order to sell any slabbed card valued at more than $2,000, regardless which company's slab the card is in?

Flunks the smell test to me, especially when one considers that a significant percentage of the prewar collector population, (and IMO the majority of such collectors), regard SGC as the more reliable authenticator of such cards. Is there any economic relationship between PSA and eBay? And does anybody know if eBay reached out to SGC to offer them the opportunity to re authenticate SGC slabbed cards?
Corey,

That's what I'm saying/thinking as well. Something actually stinks with this whole new business relationship. And like you, it seems that everyone else is trying to tell us collectors what to think and how to collect. Like you, I would be interested to find out if SGC was approached by Ebay as well, or what about BVG/Beckett? Sadly, the vintage side of the hobby, as far as Ebay is concerned, is probably not as big as the modern side, so they don't worry very much about what vintage collectors like us may think. A lot of this may have more to do with the investors replacing and taking over from the collectors in the hobby, and different players in the industry jockeying for position to be in control and calling the shots as to what investors are looking for.