View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Sean Brennan

Default I finished my first full pre-war set! its a doozy!

so thanks to Pete Gustafson I got the final card I need for my 1912 T202 Triple folder set. It was a Christy Mathewson / too Late For Devlin/ Devlin (Rustlers)card. I started on this simply to do a cubs team set and somehow managed the whole darn thing! (I did manage two complete Cubs teamsets) It all started back on September 4, 2006 when I won a Groom/Gray PSA 2 for $28. So I am just shy of 9 nine years and I have all 132 plus one Johnny Evers color variation!
My favorite card in the set is the Tinker/Evers/Chance card. However my favorite that I bought is a miscut Walter Johnson/John Knight PSA 4. I dont think I paid over $250 for any card and somehow managed to get TWO extra Ty Cobbs plus about 30 extra doubles. The easiest card to get in this set in my opinion is the Cheif Meyers / Just Before The Battle/Christy Mathewson card. The toughest is the two Mathewson/Too Late For Devlin/Devlin cards. Getting EIGHT Mathewsons and 5 1/2 Cobbs (including the Middle panel Browns card) seemed pretty daunting but I got most of them pretty fast.
So here they are:

complete set.jpg
Athletics team set
athletics.jpg
Browns
browns.jpg
Cardinals
cardinals.jpg
Cobbs
cobbs.jpg
Cubs
cubs.jpg
Doves
doves.jpg
Giants
giants.jpg
Highlanders
highlanders.jpg
Matty's
mattys.jpg
Naps
naps.jpg
Phillies
phillies.jpg
Pirates
pirates.jpg
Red Sox
red sox.jpg
Reds
reds.jpg
Senators
senators.jpg
Superbas
superbas.jpg
Tigers
tigers.jpg

Last edited by milkit1; 08-21-2015 at 09:07 PM.