Thread: Tickets
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Grob View Post
I have not followed this segment of the hobby/industry as closely as I have followed others, but there may be a number of factors in play here.

1. Maturing collectors who have completed card sets and looking for something new to collect.

2. Maturing collectors dealing with rising prices/declining availability of game used or stadia items, thus tickets and scorecards represent an affordable vintage collectable by comparison.

3. Maturing team collectors looking to augment collections with scorecards and programs.

4. Maturing collections that now have to deal with space as premium, and tickets and scorecards are not storage space intensive.

5. Newer collectors looking to get into vintage items that are seeking for an affordable vintage collectable that is scalable/check list approach (a season, a player, events).

In some cases and with some collectors, it could be various combinations of the above factors. Just some thoughts for what it’s worth..

Dave Grob
Hi Dave,
+1 Very good. I would agree with all of your observations. The bottom line is that the ticket collector community is absolutely growing.
Personally, I am finding #3 and #4 on your list to both be very prevalent.