Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Default Newbie

Posted By: Dave Hornish

Hi All:

Just beginning to branch out into pre-war cards and have lurked long enough. I know a few of you guys from OBC but that's about it. I am starting to put together Brooklyn Dodger team sets primarily from various E, T and R sets (I especially am fond of 30's R cards at present)and also collecting T 205/6/7 backs. Casting about for information, I re-stumbled across this forum.

It's out of context here but I am also a big 60's and 70's Topps Oddball collector and am trying to piece together a baseball type set thru 1980 from the king o' bubble gum as well (excluding those four and five figure proofs!). I'm also fascinated by Lenticular technology of the 60s' and 70's.

I have a few articles in the OBC library, including a long out-of-date (written in 1992) T card monograph and you may have seem my bit on Topps Inserts and Test Sets there as well (also old but holding up better). I also try to maintain extensive vertical files and scans on the vintage sets as I am a bit of an archivist and very interested in the historical aspects of sports (and non-sports) cards and how they fit into the pop culture of their time.

Well enough about me......I look forward to reading through all the posts!

Happy New Year too!

Dave Hornish